On Wednesday, 24 April 2013 at 08:23:57 UTC, Manu wrote:
Okay, I understand the problem now. I'm sure it's possible to address these
issues, but I see the complexity in that case.
Is it worth doing so? Will it be taken seriously, or will another reason to
dismiss it appear?

I can't talk for Walter, but let me tell what I'd say if I was him.

The issue is worth considering. However, clearly in a 2 step process :
 - Ensuring lifetime safety.
- In a second step, ensuring rvalue ref binding when it is safe (this include many consideration about temporary lifetime that aren't trivial as you can see).

I'd give priority to #1 as it seems like a major hole in D right now. But #2, even if truly important, solve a problem that isn't as fundamental, and incurs a fair amount of complexity, so I'd delay it until some core recurring problems are sorted out.