On Monday, 29 April 2013 at 11:15:20 UTC, Paulo Pinto wrote:
Quoting myself

"Or course this is a very limited subset of what embedded is all
about, but I think D could also be usable in such types of boards."

Okay, pardon me, may be I have not highlighted my point clear enough: there is no real market for D in that limited subset because it has to compete with Java, C# or any modern language based on their virtual machines. And, similar to desktop usage, lot of selling points for D are lost then, because, well, why bother?

Contrary to this, any language who can make it into real embedded domain will be almost uncontested, because this industry is still stuck with 40-year obsolete tools. But that is not something that may happen on its own.