On Mon, 29 Apr 2013 11:39:27 -0700, Walter Bright <newshou...@digitalmars.com> wrote:

I think you are inventing a strawman problem that this bug solves. There is no need for a "Better" scheme, partial ordering works great, and so do true and false.

bool isn't an integer. It can implicitly cast to an integer, but that's it. Once we implement that rule, everything falls into place. If you want to pass a "true" boolean literal, use true. If you want to pass a "false" boolean literal use false. Using 1 and 0 may be convenient, and may also be valid, but when it
matches an integral type as well as bool, then it's ambiguous.

Carefully reading your statement, you are still arguing that matching 1 to long should be "better" than matching it to bool.

Yes, just like it's better matching to long than string.

-Steve