On Friday, 10 May 2013 at 01:25:16 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
On Thu, 09 May 2013 18:28:18 -0400, Daniel Murphy <yebbl...@nospamgmail.com> wrote:

"Steven Schveighoffer" <schvei...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
h) One of the reviewers (not sure if it should be primary or secondary) should close any bugzilla bugs fixed by the pull request. Can this be
automated?

This is what we are currently doing (sort of) and I think it would be better to have the requester be responsible for closing the original bug.

I think we should push for full automation. I think it can be done with github (and actually, I think it already automatically records the commit in bugzilla).

The problem I see with making the submitter do it is, the submitter may not be active at the time, or may not care. The pull request is done, and he has his fix, but we need to make sure the bug list is updated properly.

According to the description of the Bugzilla service hook on GitHub, it can automatically close bugs via pull requests, but only since version 4.0 of Bugzilla - and the one on d.puremagic is only 3.4.1. I have no idea what it takes to upgrade a Bugzilla - but the benefit of automatically closing bugs would probably justify it.

Another thing - in order for the Bugzilla service hook to work, the commit message must refer to it via the syntax "Ticket 123", "Bug 123" or "Tracker item 123" - while most commit messages in current the pull requests refer to it via the "Issue 123" syntax. I think the new review process should enforce proper reference to Bugzilla issues.

Anyways, why keep using Bugzilla instead of GitHub issues?