On Sunday, 26 May 2013 at 12:55:11 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
On 5/26/2013 4:31 AM, Joakim wrote:
My single-byte encoding has none of these problems, in fact, it's much faster and uses less memory for the same function, while providing additional speedups,
from the header, that are not available to UTF-8.

C'mon, Joakim, show us this amazing strstr() implementation for your scheme!
You will see it when it's built into a fully working single-byte encoding implementation. I don't write toy code, particularly inefficient functions like yours, for the reasons given, which seem to have gone over your head.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhRUe-gz690
Heh, never seen that sketch before. Never understood why anyone likes this silly Monty Python stuff, from what little I've seen.