On Sunday, 26 May 2013 at 19:25:37 UTC, Joakim wrote:
On Sunday, 26 May 2013 at 19:11:42 UTC, Mr. Anonymous wrote:
On Sunday, 26 May 2013 at 19:05:32 UTC, Joakim wrote:
On Sunday, 26 May 2013 at 18:29:38 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
On 5/26/13 1:45 PM, Joakim wrote:
What is extraordinary about "UTF-8 is shit?" It is obviously so.

Congratulations, you are literally the only person on the Internet who said so: http://goo.gl/TFhUO
Haha, that is funny, :D though "unicode is shit" returns at least 8 results. How many people even know how UTF-8 works? Given how few people use it, I'm not surprised most don't know enough about how it works to criticize it.

On the other hand:
https://www.google.com/search?q=%22utf-8+is+awesome%22
I'm not sure if you were trying to make my point, but you just did. There are only 19 results for that search string. If UTF-8 were such a rousing success and most developers found it easy to understand, you wouldn't expect only 19 results for it and 8 against it. The paucity of results suggests most don't know how it works or perhaps simply annoyed by it, liking the internationalization but disliking the complexity.

Man, you're a bullshit machine!