On Friday, 31 May 2013 at 07:18:38 UTC, SeanVn wrote:
I looked at the D programming language a few years ago and though it was good. Then I ran into trouble. The language was in a state of flux. I would write code and with the next version of D it would no longer work. The same thing was happening to people who were writing tools such as IDE's for D and I guess most of them just gave up.
That was then.
I hope now things have settled down. I will look at the language for a couple of days. I presume I now only have to look at D2 and Phobos and not the previous 4 way split of D1/D2/Phobos/Tango. I have a specific engineering application I want to develop. I want to pick a programming language that will give me the cleanest and most maintainable code possible. I want to use the IUP GUI library. That is a shared library that has C headers. I presume I will be able to call the dll functions easily in D2? Maybe I will only have to make some minimal changes to the C header files to get them to work with D2?

I have some where floating around static bindings to IUP.
Includes macros converted as functions as well.
https://bitbucket.org/alphaglosined/libglosined
Take a look under iup directory.