W dniu 01.06.2013 07:45, SomeDude pisze:
Following this idea, I believe a fairly large chunk of Phobos could be
ported to compile with this minimal D sublanguage, and that one could
use the allocating D and its added sugar on top of it. So in the end,
the user could decide between working with the non allocating language
(mostly embedded programmers and game makers), or benefit from the GC
and all the associated niceties (the rest of us).

When I started using D, I thought that it's done this ways.

This would make D the truely universal language it was intended to be.

I'd love to see that! I think that Phobos code that makes allocations can be divided (duplicated) to manual and GC versions.