On Sunday, June 02, 2013 17:08:41 Walter Bright wrote:
On Sunday, June 02, 2013 16:50:00 Walter Bright wrote:
It already is broken up per OS:
     http://dlang.org/download.html

But the _zip_ file isn't. We keep asking for _that_ to be broken up.

There's no reason to, as broken up ones are available for each system.

Except that those are rpms and debs and whatnot which are different. I'm far
from the first to bring this up. It has been brought up repeatedly for quite
some time that folks don't want the zip to contain everything. They want to
get the zip (or tarball) for their specific OS and that's it.

That's what the rpms and debs are for.

Using an rpm and deb is fundamentally different,

The complaint from Russel was about the .deb file.

In any case, anyone is free to create a script to build whatever combination they want, in any format they want, and submit it as a pull request to installer. Nobody has to wait on me to do it.

  https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/installer