On Tuesday, 4 June 2013 at 07:12:34 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
On 6/3/2013 11:49 PM, deadalnix wrote:
We can do it in a D specific way (using our own metadata and providing an optimization pas for LLVM) but most likely we won't even need to as the same feature is planned to be added to clang and we can most likely simply reuse
clang's metadata.

There is another way.

D can be made aware that it is building an executable (after all, that is why it invokes the linker). If you shove all the source code into the compiler in one command, for an executable, functions that are not overridden can be made final.

It has been discussed several times - no, they can't unless export is strict. One can create a shared library that inherits a class from main executable and get reference to it in main executable via reference to a known class (base).