On Thursday, June 06, 2013 11:19:52 Walter Bright wrote:
> On 6/5/2013 6:08 PM, deadalnix wrote:
> > History also showed us that C# introduced way to revirtualize method, for
> > several purposes like mock. We can't simple take this argument and don't
> > look at it with the light of history.
>
> This is an interesting point that I didn't know about and didn't think of.

>From other comments in this thread, it sounds like C# was doing stuff to
>better
enable mock objects, but it also sounds like they didn't really revirtualize
methods so much as provide was of replacing them (since revirtualizing them
wouldn't help with stuff like static methods).

> Is there an article about it that goes into some depth about the rationale?

If we wanted a more in-depth understanding of what C# did, we'd definitely need
such an article - especially for those of us who don't know all that much
about C#.

- Jonathan M Davis