On 2013-06-10 09:23, Manu wrote:

That seems pretty awkward to me. Basically a hack.
A function pointer is not a delegate, so I don't see why that should be
used to describe one.

It depends on how you look at it. In D a delegate is a function pointer with a context pointer. In C++ a pointer to a member function is basically the same, the context pointer is just passed separately.

Also, extern(C++) delegates are useful too in their own right

To do what? As far as I know C++ doesn't have anything corresponding to a D delegate.

I haven't needed to yet... but that doesn't mean it might not be useful.
It would probably be used in D for tight binding with other systems.
AngelScript binds to native code with member function pointers... just
off the top of my head.

Actually I don't see why you can't use a delegate for this. The only difference is that it won't be virtual.

--
/Jacob Carlborg