On Tuesday, 11 June 2013 at 07:36:44 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
On 6/11/2013 12:00 AM, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
Thoughts?

I'd like to see more use of UDAs in non-Phobos code so we can figure out best practices from experience before putting it into Phobos, where we'll be stuck with any bad decisions.

Though I might not agree with this suggested meta-attribute thing I really think that serialization screams for using attributes to mark fields/classes as serializable. Would be sad not to have them.

Jacob: Would it be doable to refactor the attribute magic in std.serialization into a separate module that could be provided as 3rd party extension to std.serialization until phobos itself is ready for attributes?

/Jonas