On Wed, 12 Jun 2013 11:55:39 -0400, Walter Bright
<newshou...@digitalmars.com> wrote:

No, it does perform well. You are still not understanding the proposal.

Yes, I understand your proposal quite well.

Your benchmark is seriously flawed. Most modern systems cache writes
in memory, and have a delayed write to the media. This hides the problem.

Sorry, but this is just bunk. One uneven flush does not mess up all
future aligned writes. I/O is not that fragile.

If you can demonstrate your theory, I will concede. Until you do, don't
expect any more responses, it's no use arguing when you don't understand
the problem.

You're right that calling fflush() only once upon the first call will not cause a performance problem. My argument is different - it's not a good thing to do.