On Thursday, 13 June 2013 at 10:16:40 UTC, Peter Alexander wrote:
On Thursday, 13 June 2013 at 09:53:54 UTC, TommiT wrote:
1. alias main.bar conflicts with alias main.bar

This is why: they conflict.

If it worked, what would you expect bar!string() return?

both bar templates take a regular argument as well as a template argument, so bar!string() would be an error saying something like "no template 'bar' matches the function call". But if you'd call bar!string(int.init), then I'd expect it to return 42, and with bar!string(char.init), I'd expect 3.