On 2009-06-03 16:24:14 -0400, "Jérôme M. Berger" <jeber...@free.fr> said:

Note that all my tests were done on Windows. It is quite possible
that the speed and inconsistent behaviour issues would not occur on
Unix, but they are enough to justify my claims that Git doesn't
really work on Windows.

I just want to note that we're using git on Windows at work pretty heavily, but not the one from msysgit. I'm using the one that comes from Cygwin. It works pretty well, doesn't try to open help files in the web browser, nor does it attempt to convert line endings. So you may get a better git experience going that way instead of msysgit.

--
Michel Fortin
michel.for...@michelf.com