On Saturday, 29 June 2013 at 23:28:54 UTC, bearophile wrote:
As for the whole -w/-wi thing, why can't people just
read the list of switches?

I have seen tens of times that this doesn't happen, in D.learn, in #D on IRC and with friends, students, etc. Silent compilers that keep the muzzle shut on default are not good enough. John Colvin's answer is not so unusual.

Bye,
bearophile

No Just Colvin's. I usually try to compile with warnings, but forget half of the time, because it is "yet another opt-in parameter". I *really* wish warnings were the default: D is "safe by default, dangerous explicitly": warnings (as errors) should also be the default.