On Tuesday, 9 July 2013 at 02:07:11 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
I don't know what permissions I'm supposed to have for deimos (I think that I get informed of pull requests periodically, so I probably have commit access in at least some cases), but I can't create repos in it. And I don't know if I'll be able to create any branches in the new repo. If I have commit access to it, then I'll gladly take care of the branches. Otherwise, I'll need
someone to create branches for 1.2.1 and 1.3.0.

The entire Deimos system would be served better by a simple page on the Wiki, not shoehorning it into a Github organization. The current procedure is outright ridiculous. Walter has *nothing* to do with these projects and a Wiki page is much more customizable than a Github organization (which is not saying anything bad about Github organizations; just that Deimos is gross misuse of them).

I know a lot of people share this opinion but I haven't seen it on the NG, so here it is.