On Tuesday, 9 July 2013 at 22:49:38 UTC, JS wrote:
It seems possible that we can print CTFE variables at compile time by using string mixes as the code below demonstrates.

The problem is that we can not pass a variable to a template to create a print routine in the first place. e.g., we can't do mixin a!(s) if s is a string since s can't be read, supposedly, at compile time.

I think there's been mention a couple times of a ctfeWrite function that can print values at compile-time, but so far nobody's implemented it.