On Tuesday, 16 July 2013 at 16:07:30 UTC, Wyatt wrote:
On Tuesday, 16 July 2013 at 13:35:00 UTC, Craig Dillabaugh wrote:
How do you envision this working where Name or Age must be set to
a value not known at compile time?

I'm not sure if it's practical or covers all the bases, but it sounds like you would need to keep track of member initialisation during compilation, and abort if the code attempts to use the object or one of its members as an AssignExpression without initialising the whole thing.

Setting aside the fact that there's compiler work mentioned at all, have I missed some nuance of this pattern? I guess there's the situation where you conditionally may or may not assign, or pass it around and accrete mutations, so it might be best to only do it for some properly-annotated (how?) subset of the whole? Not sure.

-Wyatt