On Wednesday, 24 July 2013 at 18:28:55 UTC, Iain Buclaw wrote:
On Jul 24, 2013 4:16 PM, "Adam D. Ruppe" <destructiona...@gmail.com> wrote:

On Wednesday, 24 July 2013 at 12:46:26 UTC, bearophile wrote:

As suggested by Walter I think all D compilers could add a switch like
"-Of" that equals "-O -release -inline -noboundscheck".

I'm not comfortable with the recommendations for -noboundscheck because I
see the bounds check as a good thing and use it in all my real world code. Getting used to turning it off regularly kinda torpedoes the whole memory
safety thing D offers.

Though perhaps you could turn it off for one module - I think with
separate compilitation you could make one with -inline -noboundscheck then link it in to the rest of the app compiled normally. That might be worth it.

Incase someone hasn't already pointed out. Bounds checking is *always*
done in @safe code.  :)

Regards

And @safe is automatically inferred (on templates only still?) when possible? I don't like where this is going...