bearophile wrote:

D2 language already has many of those features, monads can be implemented (even
if the language doesn't offer syntax to manage them). Pattern Matching is
missing (but this isn't too much bad: adding pattern matching to D2 may
increase its complexity a bit too much). I think continuations are missing.
Lazy Evaluation is present but just a bit.
Overall I think the current features of D2 may allow functional-style
programming, but so far I have not seen a good functional programmer try to use
D2 in such way seriously.

I think fibers are D2's answer to continuations. They're a part of core.thread.