On Monday, 5 August 2013 at 17:15:34 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
On Monday, 5 August 2013 at 16:50:12 UTC, monarch_dodra wrote:
This is currently "package", but it proves that what you asked for is not only possible, it is implemented *and* used in phobos.

topic-starter has been asking about _language_ feature and my answer was related to this possible _language_ feature. Existence of some template in Phobos does not prove anything here.

Well, it's not about *proving* anything :/

Technically, the question asked was: "Are compile-time unittests possible in D?", so I'm not even sure the question *was* strictly about language.

But even if someone asks if a "language" can *do* something you *have* to take into account what the library can do. For example, D doesn't have "native" octals because they are library implemented. Does this mean that "D doesn't have octals" ?

So sure, I guess that strictly speaking, no, D language doesn't have static unittests. However, when someone asks the question, if you just answer "No" without pointing out that the language allows this semantic:

version(unittest) assertCTFEAble!({
    //YOUR CODE HERE
});

Then I believe you are giving an incomplete answer.