On 2013-08-05 17:45:23 +0000, Bosak said:
I think this dispose thing should be added to D, because it is a very common practice in C#(and not only). In the book I used to learn C# long ago I remember how they sayed like 100 of times: "If you use an object that implements IDisposable ALLWAYS use it in an using statement". It is not a strange or not-intuitive feature. In fact it can make the "scoped" variables idea more popular. And instead of explicitly adding an using statement you just declare your variable as scoped and the compiler takes care of calling it's dispose automatically when it gets out of scope.

In http://channel9.msdn.com/Events/Lang-NEXT/Lang-NEXT-2012/Three-Unlikely-Successful-Features-of-D I make the argument that C#'s "using" misses the point and D's "scope" statement is a better proposition.