On 8/12/13 4:59 PM, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
On Mon, 12 Aug 2013 11:06:37 -0700
Sean Kelly <s...@invisibleduck.org> wrote:

On Aug 10, 2013, at 11:46 PM, Mike Parker <aldac...@gmail.com> wrote:

Things can be wonky from a vanilla windows command prompt, which is
why I never use any Linux tools there. MSYS makes all those
problems go away. I use git exclusively on windows, but via
gitbash, which is built on top of MSYS.

Of course, it would be silly to require MSYS or Cygwin to build on
Windows, but there's always CMake. A number of open source projects
use it these days. Ship a configuration file with the source, then
the user can generate Makefiles for a number of compilers and
platforms.

I haven't used it recently, but GnuWin32
(http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/) provides good ports of *nix apps
without the need for MSYS or Cygwin.

I can second that.

Is is possible from a licensing standpoint to just distribute a copy of gmake built by gnuwin?