On Thursday, 15 August 2013 at 13:53:17 UTC, Artur Skawina wrote:
On 08/15/13 14:44, Tommi wrote:
[...]
No, I'm not asking A -> C, I'm just asking that int[3] convert to int[].

From you earlier post:

  Ret bar(R)(R r) // [6]
  if (std.range.isInputRange!R)
  {
      return Ret.input_range;
  }

You'd like to be able to call 'bar' with a static array. Currently you can't, because 'R' becomes a /static array/, hence not a input range.

Note that

  Ret baz(R)(R[] r) // [6]
  if (std.range.isInputRange!(R[]))
  {
      return Ret.input_range;
  }

[..]

To be exact, I want either of the following options (but not both of them):

1) I want to be able to call 'bar' with a static array

OR

2) I want to _not_ be able to call 'baz' with a static array

Either one of those options is fine by me. All I want is make D's static arrays behave logically (and either one of those options would do it).