On Friday, 16 August 2013 at 20:42:28 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
On Fri, Aug 16, 2013 at 10:24:55PM +0200, Andre Artus wrote:
On Friday, 16 August 2013 at 17:45:35 UTC, Suliman wrote:
>On Friday, 16 August 2013 at 16:07:59 UTC, Andre Artus wrote:
>>I would like to contribute to the D ecosystem, but as I'm >>still >>in the learning process I do not want to get my sticky >>fingers
>>all over someones nice clean code.
>>
>>I have poured over the documentation and see that there are a
>>few low-hanging fruit that I would like to pluck. So I have
>>decided to do so.
>>
>>I would like for there to be a section were people >>interested in
>>working on the docs can collaborate.
>
>It would be perfect to get D version of
>http://www.dotnetperls.com/

That's pretty cool. It would be good to have something like that for
D, or a "Ninety-Nine D Problems", or a Try-D, or an update to
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/D. I'm wiling to work towards those goals. There are a number of good articles and other D materials strewn around the web, perhaps we can find place to include or link
to them from dlang.org.

I think wiki.dlang.org is a good place to put little gems like this. It allows easy community effort to edit, and serves as a central place for people to go when they want to find example D code for a particular task. Vladimir has been very kind to offer hosting for wiki.dlang.org,
so let's make use of it.

You have a good point, maybe we should consolidate the How-to's and the Articles on one or the other site and provide links to it from the other site.

For the time being I think getting the Library and Language references cleaned up could probably be of greatest value.