On Tuesday, 20 August 2013 at 16:40:21 UTC, Ramon wrote:

You are completely right - templates are not generics. They are, ironically, much more generic and are to solve quite a simple problem - "copy-paste", in variety of forms.

If you think it is better to have an IDE to generate boilerplate instead of compiler, I can assure you, finding supporters in this community will be quite hard.

Insisting on the idea that implementing generic data types using run-time polymorphism costs is the True Way won't help either.

Honestly, I will never use any language that implies polymorphic design for stuff like container. Not of my free will at least. And every time I remember that boxing stuff in Java I have nightmares.

You want polymorphic approach - you have tools to implement it. Interfaces, classes, suit yourself. But, please, don't try to fix what is not broken.