On Tuesday, 20 August 2013 at 21:22:48 UTC, Flamaros wrote:
I want to share a short presentation of the project I am working on with friends. It's a prototype of a GUI library written in D.

This pdf contains our vision of what the project would be. Samples are directly extracted from our prototype and works. We are not able to share more than this presentation for the moment because a lot of things are missing and it's plenty of bugs.

The development is really slow, so don't expect to see a real demonstration a day.

The link :
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BygGiQfhIcvGOGlrWlBFNWNBQ3M/edit?usp=sharing

PS : Download it for a better quality

Could I recommend you evaluate IUP first?
(http://www.tecgraf.puc-rio.br/iup/)

It is cross-platform, MIT licensed, mature, and is by the same
guys that _wrote_ Lua.  Oh, and Lua is bundled already, of
course.  Plus it has a pure C interface (easy to wrap), canvas,
GL support, imaging, plotting, webkit, scintilla editor support
plus more.

I certainly don't want to discourage any input in pure D, but it
would be a much less daunting exercise, IMO.  I personally think
the way D has adopted the CURL library to gain some quick wins in
the network protocol area is probably a more sustainable model
given the size of the community.

Its gonna take a long time to get anywhere if everything is NIH.

Just my 2c.