On Thursday, 22 August 2013 at 13:43:47 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
On Thursday, 22 August 2013 at 13:39:25 UTC, Jakob Ovrum wrote:
I'm fine with any name but would like to point out that it's probably essential that the new name allows for the distinction between what we currently call type tuples and expression/mixed tuples. The latter are not so important to distinguish, but type tuples have the privilege of being able to declare an expression tuple:

   TypeTuple!(int, string) myExpressionTuple;
   myExpressionTuple[0] = 42;
   myExpressionTuple[1] = "foo";
   // etc

One extra source of confusion is that "expression tuple" was often used for TypeTuple!(42, "foo") ones, not for runtime instances. Those two are very different in D. That is why I am saying one name is not enough and some classification is needed.

That is in the doc : "A Tuple whose elements consist entirely of types is called a TypeTuple. A Tuple whose elements consist entirely of expressions is called an ExpressionTuple. "

http://dlang.org/template.html#TemplateTupleParameter