I think that there is a lot speaking against sloc.

First it's often (ab?)used for "Ha! My language x is better than yours. I can write a web server in 3 lines, you need 30". And then slocs say a lot of things about a lot of things. Like: Experience (being new or not used to X I'll need more lines in X than in "my" lang, say, D), built in vs. library, coding style, and others.

In the end "100 sloc in X vs. 180 sloc in Y" quite often means close to nothing. Putting it bluntly: If I know enough about all the relevant details of the languages+environment to arrive at having sloc mean anything useful, I won't need that comparison in the first place.