On Tuesday, August 27, 2013 21:33:06 =?UTF-8?B?Ikx1w61z?=.Marques
<l...@luismarques.eu>@puremagic.com wrote:
On Tuesday, 27 August 2013 at 11:09:01 UTC, bearophile wrote:
Do you have some use cases for this?

No, not at the moment. I was just wondering if there was a reason
for what seemed an arbitrary difference between template
parameters and normal parameters.

No reason. It simply never occurred to anyone. I've never heard of anyone wanting this in all my years of C, C++, and D.

Not that I'm aware of. I'd file a bug (or at least an enhancement request) on
it on the grounds we should be consistent unless there's a good reason not to
be, and I'm not aware of any reason for this particular inconsistency (though
honestly, I wouldn't have expected it to work in either case - if it can,
great, but I would have just assumed that it wouldn't).

I'd reject an enhancement request for this unless someone could demonstrate significant utility for it.