On 8/31/13 11:12 AM, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
On 2013-08-31 19:11, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:

Haven't seen Tango's arguments parser, but it's a given getopt can be
improved in any number of ways. Yet the way I see it, with command line
parsing, the margin between a good enough argument parser and a terrific
one is razor thin. One parses arguments by definition once in every
program, and things like checking against limits and constraints across
multiple arguments can be easily done after basic parsing.

I don't want this to start a huge argument about Tango versus Phobos.
But Tango supports this _now_, out of the box, Phobos doesn't. No need
to do any post processing. It's that simple.

I agree with the sentiment, but not with the example. It's just petty. There's no out-of-the-box vs it-could-be-built, it's just a difference without a distinction. We're talking about a few lines per application.

Again I don't understand why some people having so much trouble that
some developers here are using Tango.

In this case you're seeing things where they aren't. Speaking only for myself I think Tango is a fine library and I'm glad it's keeping traction in D.