On 2009-06-25 15:44:04 -0400, Robert Clipsham <rob...@octarineparrot.com> said:

=== IDEs ===

I have plans to improve D for Xcode... its biggest flaw right now is that it only works with GDC. I'm just waiting until I have an Intel Mac (soon), because DMD not working on mine is somewhat bothersome for integrating it with my Xcode plugin.

=== Installing ===

Leading on from Jarrett's comments, installing a full toolchain is... well... not easy.

I'd like to have an installer for my D plugin for Xcode that would install the whole toolchain on Mac OS X (similar to whow the Xcode Tools installer installs gcc, ld, etc.). I've almost made one that works with some build of GDC from SVN, but GDC being abandoned discouraged me from finalizing it. I'd like to do that instead with DMD once D for Xcode supports it (with Walter's permission).

--
Michel Fortin
michel.for...@michelf.com