On Saturday, 7 September 2013 at 17:00:08 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
Outlining of member functions is the practice of placing the declaration of a member function in the struct/class/union, and placing the definition of it at global scope in the module or even in another module.

http://wiki.dlang.org/DIP47

By the way, what is the ratio implemented DIPS/total DIPS? I guess it is <5%. Shouldn't it be a sign of DIP process flaws? I seems that many take care of pushing their ideas in form of DIPs but don't bother to take care of implementing them (last sentence obviously doesn't apply personally to Walter).