On 2013-09-07, 15:19, ilya-stromberg wrote:

On Saturday, 7 September 2013 at 13:02:39 UTC, Simen Kjaeraas wrote:
It's a bit weird in D though, as operators are instance methods, and
opImplicitRightCast (or opImplicitCastFrom, which is the name used in
discussions before, see WalterAndrei.pdf from back when dinosaurs roamed the
earth) should definitely not be an instance method but a static one.

That said, I belive opImplicitCastFrom is The Right Solution™. It's explicit,
it's a bit ugly, but not so much it hurts.

Yes, "opImplicitCastFrom" looks better. I didn't know about "WalterAndrei.pdf" file. Can you give me a link to the file? It's intresting to read.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/dconf2007/WalterAndrei.pdf

It's from the D conference back in 2007, as the URL indicates.

opImplicitCastFrom is mentioned on page 22. It's kinda interesting
to see what was happening back then and how things have progressed.

--
  Simen