On 9/11/2013 10:10 PM, deadalnix wrote:
See my comment, it is possible, with increased parser complexity, to handle many
cases where you don't know what you are parsing yet. Doing so, lookahead is only
required to find matching closing token. I suspect that a fast path in the lexer
for that precise use case may be faster than buffering tokens, as it allow to
save one branch per token.

I don't believe that, because you can see about anything for tokens in lookahead and so have to duplicate nearly the whole lexer anyway for the 'fast path', but you're free to try it out and prove me wrong.