On Friday, 13 September 2013 at 23:56:26 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
Personally, I find the Windows/DOS
shell to be completely unusable and use git-bash when I'm

cmd.exe is indeed painful to use. I blame it's weird history and tab completion. It has them so you want to use it.... but they are weird.

The commands don't bother me, the different quoting and (lack of?) looping don't bother me - I prefer to just use D for anything more than a line or three of shell anyway - but the history and compleition are really annoying.

Linux's greatest asset is gnu readline.

Windows definitely has some things going for it (e.g. its graphics engine creams the horror that is X.org IMHO)

hell yes, and MIDI actually works there too! Ever try to use linux with a soundblaster 16? Sounded horrible. Worse yet, try to set up midi softsynth with ALSA. So much stupid crap.