On Saturday, 14 September 2013 at 08:13:13 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
installing, and using a CLI app is far easier and in many cases more powerful.

I tried to find a program for the recent thing and couldn't - I wanted to view a Microsoft .doc file.

I ended up just opening it in vi and searching for ascii text. It worked!

I *never* do that. I always tell it to install to a different non-system $PREFIX.

I've been starting to get in this habit.... hmmm maybe I should just set the environment variable in my bashrc so i don't have to think about it.

That's not a bad idea.

Speaking of which, dmd git HEAD appears to have broken terminal.d sometime recently

dmd's update? blargh i'll try it later.

and as long as skype can pick up my voice and transmit the other person's voice

...to the NSA lol