On Wednesday, 18 September 2013 at 16:05:00 UTC, Manu wrote:
One final problem with ref-counting in D. Since it's not a 1st class feature and requires you to store a ref-count in your object, you can't make your objects immutable anymore because the ref-count needs to be bumped about as the object moves around. Anyone approached this problem?

I'de like to here some guidelines regarding this too. I tried once to manage some resources with ref-counted structs. The problem was that I could not hold them in classes anymore, so for deterministic life-management I had to use just structs, everywhere...