On Thursday, 15 August 2013 at 07:07:13 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
On 2013-08-14 21:55, ilya-stromberg wrote:

Can you use another serialization format and supports file output for
it? For example, can you use JSON, BSON or binary format?

The idea of the library is that it can support multiple archive types. Currently only XML is implemented. I have been working on a binary archive for a while but I haven't finished it yet.

I am also working on my own binary archive implementation (I just want to quickly get a serialization of integral types, arrays and structs into binary) and I have a question:

What is the purpose of the "keys"?
If they really needed, can it be realised as option and disable them? (I see also that they are forces to add a lot of duplicate functions.)

I guess if it succeeded binary format can be made very compact (and possibly faster) as Protocol Buffers.