On Wednesday, 25 September 2013 at 03:10:20 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:

And, dmd users are often dmc users.

Are they, still? I can't speak for everyone, but I know I've never used it. I wish I had had it for precisely the feature in question when I was first learning C, even though it would have spoiled me on other compilers until...2013, apparently. :/

Since dmd never had it, and dmc did, wouldn't anyone have suggested "hey, I like this dmc feature, why not put it in dmd?" But nope.

In the few compilers I've used that had it, I've never begrudged its existence; it's usually been helpful, and never harmful. You could say I like it because it offers proper visualisation of the data. I didn't realise it was moving from "rare, nice perk" to "in-demand standard feature" until this thread.

-Wyatt