On Tuesday, 10 September 2013 at 20:48:58 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
We've been experimenting with http://code.dlang.org for a while and things are going well. In particular Sönke has been very active about maintaining and improving it, which brings further confidence in the future of the project.

We're considering making dub the official package manager for D. What do you all think?

Andrei

I hate to be /that guy/, but...

Sönke, have you considered using TOML as an editable serialization/configuration format?
https://github.com/mojombo/toml

It's easy on the eyes, has a simple grammar, and seems to have at least /some/ buy-in from other communities.

I'm just not sure if it has all of the features you desire; you would know better than I.