Am 27.09.2013 16:43, schrieb Joseph Rushton Wakeling:
Hello all,

So, what with the new SteamOS/SteamBox announcement ...

http://store.steampowered.com/livingroom/SteamOS/
http://store.steampowered.com/livingroom/SteamMachines/

... is this a serious opportunity for D to start carving out space in
the games industry?  What issues need to be addressed for D to be a
superb games development tool for Linux?

Best wishes,

     -- Joe

Really good and easy to setup C++ interoperability.
I recently brought up D at the company I work at (Havok) and basically the response was:

Looks really nice but as everyone else is using C++ we won't start using D unless other people are already using D. So to get things started teams that want to use D need a easy way to use existing C++ engines and libraries.

Also a graphical debugger is usually the base requirement for gamedev.

Kind Regards
Benjamin Thaut