On Tuesday, 8 October 2013 at 15:43:46 UTC, ponce wrote:
Whatever rational rebutal we have it's never heard.
The long answer is that it's not a real problem. But it seems people want a short answer. It's also an annoying fight to have since so much of it is based on zero data.

Do not forget the followup: Without GC you cannot use the standard library.

I am not sure if there is a really good counter. Some people think that a GC will never ever be possible in their domain. Either they are right or no rational argument will help. Only a small percentage will read the reasonable long argumentation.

Maybe a killer app: Something hard realtime and high performance packed into a commercially successful product of a well known company.