On 2013-10-09 09:33, Manu wrote:

It sounds pretty easy to reach to me. Compiler generating inc/dec ref
calls can't possibly be difficult. An optimisation that simplifies
redundant inc/dec sequences doesn't sound hard either... :/
Is there more to it? Cleaning up circular references I guess... what
does Apple do?
It's an uncommon edge case, so there's gotta be heaps of room for
efficient solutions to that (afaik) one edge case. Are there others?

See my reply to one of your other posts:

http://forum.dlang.org/thread/bsqqfmhgzntryyaqr...@forum.dlang.org?page=10#post-l33gah:24ero:241:40digitalmars.com

I don't recall the exact issues but there were several issues that were brought up in the email conversation.

--
/Jacob Carlborg