On 10/11/13 7:46 AM, Joseph Rushton Wakeling wrote:
On 11/10/13 16:32, Dmitry Olshansky wrote:
This. And exactly the same for immutable. It's interesting how folks
totally
expect complex types (like containers) to meaningfully work with all 3
qualifiers.

It's not so much that we expect it, as that we might expect that
standard library types would _have the appropriate design work put in_
so that they would "just work" with these qualifiers.  (Admittedly
shared is a bit of a special case right now that probably needs more
work before support is rolled out.)

If you tell me that's an unreasonable expectation then fair enough, but
it feels pretty bad if e.g. library-implemented number types (big
integers or floats, rationals, complex numbers, ...) can't from a user
perspective behave exactly like their built-in counterparts.

I think that's reasonable.