On Monday, 21 October 2013 at 15:38:47 UTC, David Eagen wrote:
On Monday, 21 October 2013 at 15:18:18 UTC, monarch_dodra wrote:

It's a feature.

I actually like that feature. It's me compose long strings in an easily viewable way without having to use concatenation and therefore additional allocation. Or, even to just comment on indvidual lines

string command =
     "/usr/bin/rm -rf / " // Don't worry, it'll be fine...
">/dev/null 2>/dev/null" // This way nobody will know about it.

Well, in my program it was a bug that could comfortably hide for quite a while. It didn't really matter until now, because the program worked in spite of the bug. Only recent changes (today) brought it to light. If it does more harm than good, than it should be removed. It's too easy to forget a comma in an array or in a function like endsWith. What is more, this type of bug might only become apparent after a long long time. If you have

auto list = ["Joseph", "Mary", "Peter", "Ustinov", "Django" "Pope"];

and Django and Pope are the least likely go be selected, it can take a while until you realize that there's a bug. For my part, I've lived happily without this feature.