On Monday, 21 October 2013 at 21:26:14 UTC, Maxim Fomin wrote:
On Monday, 21 October 2013 at 12:04:10 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
Valgrind in its current state is unfortunately almost unusable with D as it does not support some instructions at least DMD emits.

This is widely wrong.

It is in fact true. I couldn't use it on x86_64 Linux to analyse/profile pretty much any non-trivial D application due to some floating point instructions DMD emits not being recognised. There wasn't even any esoteric code involved, just some floating point formatting or similar. Maybe it works fine for test cases from Bugzilla (but wouldn't you typically rather use it on DMD itself for those anyway?), but it's virtually unusable for real D applications. And I say that as a Valgrind fan, having also made some smaller contributions to KCachegrind, a cachegrind/callgrind result viewer for KDE.

GDC/LDC-produced executables work just fine, though.

David