On 2013-11-05 12:41, Bienlein wrote:

Unhappily, a lot of Java developers out there in enterprise
computing do some kind of programming with classes, rather than
OO. For example, some framework developer intended the users to
overwrite some inherited method in their concrete subclass. As
this is not understood people do some tricks with reflection or
even byte code manipulation. When you show them that they only
need to overwrite the inherited method, then first call super and
then add their own stuff, they are surprised. And some of those
people are now architects and your boss. Oh my, oh my...

Someone would understand byte code manipulation but not inheritance? Seems very strange.

--
/Jacob Carlborg